Who can use this feature?
Only Administrators can update the Library population setting.
There are two ways to populate your book clubs library: automatically or through Champion approval.
With this setting, only Champions and Administrators can add books to the Library. This is the default setting and is recommended for most book clubs. A Champion approved Library is meant to show your book club members what titles they can read in order to participate in the club. Members also have the ability to suggest titles to the Library, which Champions and Administrators can then choose whether to approve.
This setting automatically adds all books tagged by every member of your book club. In other words, new titles are added any time a member tags a book not currently in your book club’s Library that they’ve read, want to read, or are currently reading. This is typically only recommended for peer-related book clubs.
Here's how to update your Library population setting:
- Hover over the gear icon in the top-right corner of the page and select Manage Book Club Settings.
- Select Edit Book Club Settings on the right side of the page.
- If you’d like to have book club meetings, check the box next to Library Population Type. To turn meetings off, uncheck the box.
- Select either Automatic or Champion Approved.
- When you’re done, click Save Book Club Settings.
Tip: If you’re just starting your book club, there’s a nifty workaround to quickly populate your Library with relevant titles before rolling out to the rest of your company! Simply change your Library setting to Automatic, then invite your leadership team to the book club and have them tag their favorite business books. Once they’re done, just switch the setting back over to Champion Approved before you invite the rest of your employees!